Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Just Another Blog

I have been wanting to start a public blog for a long time now. I already have one blog that is completely private and one that is for family only, but I have been getting the itch to start a public blog. I knew I wanted it to be about food, fitness and life. Such a great idea. So unique. Ha...not quite. There are probably 56,000 blogs out there on individuals person struggles with weight loss, diaries on hard work, exercise logs, recipes, cooking tips etc. So WHY would I start a public blog about these things when the market is already saturated with them?
Well... Because I want to. I do not care if anyone reads it. Really I don't. I just wanted to document my journey and I want to do it publicly. 

So here we go. Day one.

Tomorrow I have my very first meeting for CROSSFIT.

Yep, I'm doing it. I have been very anti-crossfit until recently (I am definitely still skeptical- which is why I think blogging about this will be great for other who, like me, have major doubts about it). A girlfriend came to visit from Oregon (go ducks!) and she had great things to say about it. But it is just so hard for me because I GREW up lifting and training in the gym 5 days a week (I was a competitive gymnast) and then in college I had daily personal training sessions with TOP NOTCH athletic coaches (even the cheerleaders got to use the world famous Oregon Athletic Facility & the trainers). I have been taught to work out a certain way. For 9 years I have been working out the same way. And that way is not the Crossfit way. So this should be interesting.

Of course I am going to do before and after pictures. I am going on a cruise in exactly 5 weeks to Mexico. I think I can do some damage in 5 weeks. We shall see though.

Before pictures coming soon. As well as my recap of my very first Crossfit experience.

Lets do this.


- Rachelle


No comments:

Post a Comment